Richard at just age 20 appearing on Jools Hollands show!:
Richard – Wedding Guitarist North West
Richard is an extremely talented Wedding Guitarist North West with over 20 years performing experience. Performing across the UK he can bring his many years of professionalism to your event. Performing at Wedding Ceremonies, Wedding Breakfasts, Corporate Events and Parties across the UK his repertoire covers all the songs guests love to hear. Check out his photos, bio and sound files (below) and make your query today!
Your Live Performance
With a musical pedigree and degree of professionalism that is hard to beat, Richard has performed at countless events across the UK and beyond. With celebrity clients including Paul O’Grady, Sir Norman Wisdom, Sir Terence Conran, chef James Martin, George Cole and Premiership footballer Nathan Ellington, Richard can tailor his set for your Wedding day and learn your special song. Performing at Wedding Ceremonies, Wedding Breakfasts, Corporate Events, Gala Dinners, and Parties. Richard has an exciting and varied setlist, and can perform on acoustic or electric guitar (depending upon your preference). Richard (Wedding Guitarist North West) can also perform in a duo, trio, and four piece band for your reception or evening party too!
Wedding Ceremony Music
Of course, there are so many different types of Wedding Ceremonies the possibilities are endless! You may be having a church Wedding or having your Wedding in a hotel- Richard can cater for whatever you choose. A usual performance for a Wedding Ceremony is scheduled like this:
- Arrival: 1 hour before ceremony – Equipment setup and placement.
- 30 minutes before ceremony – Richard begins performing background music of your choosing. You can choose if you would like him to perform modern or Classical songs, or on an acoustic or electric guitar, and whether you would like amplification and a little extra lighting.
- Ceremony begins! – Richard performs 1 song for the very special ‘Processional’ (entrance of the Bride)
- Signing of the Register – it is usual to have 3 songs (approx) performed at this point, however Richard can perform as many songs as is required for this part of the Wedding ceremony
- Recessional – Richard performs a song as the excited newly-married Wedding couple walk back down the aisle! Richard continues performing until guests move to the next part of the day (i.e. the Drinks Reception or photographs). Richard can perform during the drinks reception too, why not hire the duo with a female vocalist or sax, or even the trio? Richard can provide the evening band also, with a disco service (please enquire)
Chart Success and Accolades
Richard was one of the inaugural students to begin the first year of the famous LIPA Performing Arts School- his induction was part of a live television special featuring Gerry and the Pacemakers on a ‘Ferry Across the Mersey’ special. Richard has received Masterclasses from Joan Armatrading, Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits), José Feliciano, Yngwie Malmsteen and Steve Morse (Deep Purple), and been awarded his degree from none other than Sir Paul McCartney. At the age of just 20 Richard (Wedding Guitarist North West) was also a finalist of the ‘Young Jazz Musician of the Year’ (hosted by Jools Holland and televised on ITV) and ‘Acoustic Guitarist of the Year’ finals at Wembley.
Richard has written, performed with and toured with some of the most respected international artists. He is also the guitarist on Oscar winner Jared Leto’s band 30 Seconds To Mars track ‘Up In The Air’ (remix). He has co-wrote and performed on many chart hits culminating in hundreds of millions of YouTube views and awards. Make your enquiry today!
|Lineup & performance information:|
|Default lineup: 1 member (Solo self contained guitarist)|
|Performance timings: 2 x 45 min sets (as standard)|
|This act is experienced in working with venue sound limiters|
|This act accepts bookings across the UK and Internationally|
|Required by this act:|
|Parking for their vehicle(s) at the venue|
|2m x 2m stage space|
|40 mins for setup/soundcheck|
|Changing room (ideally secure and private)|
|Hot meal/buffet may be required at some evening performances|
|Provided by this act as standard:|
|PA system for up to 200 guests|
|Pre-recorded background music during performance break(s)|
|Additional booking options:|
|Add extra sets as required|
|200+ guests? This act can supply a larger PA, Disco & lighting (please enquire). This act can also perform in a duo (instrumental or with female vocals), trio, 4/5 piece band.|
Richard (Wedding Guitarist North West) can perform a variety of songs and will work closely with you to develop your perfect setlist for your Wedding Ceremony, Drinks Reception and/or Wedding Breakfast. His repertoire is very varied, here are a few examples below of all of the types of songs he can perform in addition to the usual Wedding favourites:
- James Bay – ‘Hold Back the River’
- Ed Sheeran – ‘Photograph’
- Ed Sheeran – ‘Thinking Out Loud’
- Sam Smith – ‘Stay With Me’
- Bruno Mars – ‘Marry You’
- Paul Weller – ‘You Do Something To Me’
- Snow Patrol – ‘Chasing Cars’
- Bryan Adams – ‘Run To You’
- Cyndi Lauper – ‘True Colors’
- Jeff Buckley – ‘Hallelujah’
- ‘Somewhere Over the Rainbow’ – (Standard)
- John Lennon – ‘Imagine’
- Marvin Gaye – ‘I Heard It Through The Grapevine’
- Elvis Presley – ‘I Can’t Help Falling in Love With You’
- Bruno Mars – ‘Just the Way You Are’
- Elvis Presley – ‘Love Me Tender’
- John Denver – ‘Annie’s Song’
- Ben E. King – ‘Stand By Me’
- ‘Romanza’ – (Classical)
- ‘Cavatina’ – (Classical)
- Van Morrison – ‘Moondance’
- ‘Flower of Scotland’ – Traditional Scottish
- Stevie Wonder – ‘Isn’t She Lovely’
- Sting – ‘Fields of Gold’
- Michael Jackson – ‘Human Nature’
- Cyndi Lauper – ‘Time After Time’
- Mamas and the Papas – ‘Dream a Little Dream of Me’
- Peggy Lee – ‘Fever’
- Sting – ‘Shape of My Heart’
- Bill Withers – ‘Lean on Me’
- The Temptations – ‘My Girl’
- Fleetwood Mac – ‘Black Magic Woman’
- Herbie Hancock – ‘Canteloupe Island’
- Kenny Burrell – ‘Chitlins Con Carne’
- Stevie Wonder – ‘I Wish’
- Jimi Hendrix – ‘Little Wing’
- Eric Clapton – ‘Wonderful Tonight’
- Curtis Mayfield – ‘People Get Ready’
- George Benson – ‘Return of the Prodigal Son’
- Otis Redding – ‘Sittin’ (On the Dock of the Bay)’
- Dusty Springfield – ‘Son of a Preacherman’
- Dusty Springfield – ‘Spooky’
- Billie Holiday – ‘Summertime’
- Dave Brubeck – ‘Take 5’
- Sonny and Cher – ”The Beat Goes On’
- Guns N’ Roses – ‘Sweet Child o’ Mine’ (beautiful mid-tempo acoustic version)
- Frank Sinatra – ‘I’ve Got You (Under My Skin)
- Billie Holiday – ‘Summertime’
- The La’s’ – There She Goes’
- The Police’ – Every Breath You Take’
- Amy Winehouse – ‘Valerie’
- ‘And I Love Her’
- ‘Here Comes the Sun’
- ‘Hard Day’s Night’ (performed in a swing style)
- ‘Let it Be’
- (Most Beatles songs can be performed upon request)
Thank you so much again for playing at our wedding, you were simply awesome! You really helped make our special day so perfect, I cannot rate you highly enough.
Each guest has commented on how good you were, playing great music and creating a perfect atmosphere. Both Jo and I cannot thank you enough, I would recommend you to anyone every time.
The range of song choices were excellent, even if we asked you to play a few extra songs not on the list you were more than accommodating. I really appreciated you calling me before the wedding, on the day I had a few stressful moments organising people however you were not one of them as you were superb.
You really are a fantastic guitarist and genuinely a pleasure to deal with. Thank you so much again”
“We want to thank Richard for the lovely music he played for our Wedding service, and also the Band at the night time reception, a lot of the guests have since asked about yourselves and said it was such a good atmosphere, they have never been to a wedding like it!”
“An outstanding Guitarist and performer”
“Please could you pass on all our thanks to Richard for his performance at our wedding on Sat 23rd October at Hoole Hall. The day was fantastic, the ceremony was made all that more special with the music, and everyone commented how lovely it was.
Once again, we would like to say thanks to Richard, we are sorry we didn’t get chance to thank him properly in person on the day, the day went so quick, but we have it all on video and hearing the tune again as we walk down the aisle, will always bring a tear to the eye. It was perfect. Thank you & best wishes”
“Please can you let Richard and the band know that we and everyone at our wedding thought they were awesome!!! We were totally taken aback at just how good they were.
After speaking with Richard on the night I would also like to say he is a lovely chap! We will be recommending them to everyone!! Thanks”
“Hi Richard, I am sorry that this message is a bit late but things have been a little hectic here this week. I wanted to express my thanks and appreciation to you and the other members of the band for a superb performance in Watford last Friday.
We were all impressed by your musicianship and your repertoire. We liked your flexibility and co-operative approach to the somewhat erratic arrangements during the course of the evening. All our guests commented on how good you were and how sympathetic you were to the needs of the audience.
I shall certainly pass on your details to friends planning a similar event. Many thanks and my best wishes for the future. Regards, Dennis”
“Hi Richard, apologies that its taken me such a long time to get back to you, we just wanted to drop you a quick note to say thanks so much for your performance at our wedding in Appletreewick on 17th October.
We thought you were brilliant, as did many of our guests, judging by all the positive comments we got afterwards. The set you played was great for getting everyone up dancing. The band were the icing on the cake of a perfect day, so thanks again.”
“I would be very grateful if you pass on our thanks to Richard and the rest of the band who played at our wedding on 26th June. We knew we were in for a treat when we arrived at the venue and Richard was playing solo guitar to entertain our guests during a drinks reception – absolutely incredible – a serious talent.
Then for the evening reception – we always wanted our guests to be wanting more when the evening came to an end and that’s exactly what happened. The battle of the band between the guitar at the sax was out of this world. Thanks to all for helping make our day so special”