Darren the Guitarist
- Guitarist Somerset | Darren costs from £450+ Darren travels both the UK & Internationally with his unique show
- Darren plays fingerstyle guitar and also provides some vocals on modern hits!
- Having toured with none other than Tommy Emmanuel, Darren is a 5-star Guitarist
- Based Taunton and travelling across the UK & Internationally
Want to book a Guitarist who’s sheer fingerpicking mastery will leave your guests speechless? Want to make a huge impact and book a star player? Darren has the talent and persona to seriously impress your crowd.
A World Class Guitarist
Want to book a guitarist who’s appeared on live on Sky Arts TV to an audience of millions? A guitarist so good he was chosen by Tommy Emmanuel to perform with Tommy himself on his UK tours? Introducing Darren, a guitarist from the South West (Somerset) who is regarded by many as one of the greatest guitarists of his generation.
From picking up a guitar from the first time at the age of twelve to being endorsed by some of the best guitarist across the globe as one of the futures top guitar talents, Darren has the sheer musical skill and professionalism to leave your guests speechless. Primarily an instrumental guitarist, Darren also sings on a number of songs including classics from Adele, Ed Sheeran, Eric Clapton and Passenger.
TV, Radio and Endorsements
Darren is no stranger to television and radio, having appeared on the Sky Arts channel with Huey Morgan and Nitin Sawhney, and across the BBC; being the finalists in various competitions Darren’s guitar skills leave people in no doubt he is the future of modern guitar.
From touring with Tommy Emmanuel cgp, Clive Carroll, and Ben Hughes (all of whom are at the top of their field) to endorsing some of Britain’s top guitar brands, Darren has the professionalism that really stands out from the crowd.
Darren performs at Weddngs, Parties, Corporate Events, Gala Dinners and Festivals across the UK and beyond. Make your enquiry today!
|Line-up & Performance Information | Guitarist Darren|
|Line-up: Solo Guitarist|
|Performance Timings: 2 x 45 minute sets or 2 x 60 minute sets (as standard) (extra sets can be added, see below)|
|Arrival/Setup: Allow 60 minutes for setup|
|PA: Darren provides a PA system that covers up to 200 guests (extra PA can be arranged if required, please ask)|
|Requirements: 8ft sq. stage space / at least 2 x electrical sockets / rider / parking / secure changing room|
|Sound Limiters? Darren is experienced in working with venue sound limiters|
|Additional Booking Options | Guitarist Somerset|
|Extra Set(s): Add extra 45 or 60 minute sets as required.|
|Earlier Arrival/Setup?: This is available, please ask for quote|
|Daytime Performances? Yes. Darren is available for all kinds of events throughout the day.|
Instrumental Guitar Setlist
- ‘Ain’t Nobody’ – Chaka Khan
- ‘Billie Jean’ – Michael Jackson
- ‘Struttin” – The Meters
- ‘Classical Gas’ – Mason Williams
- ‘Livin’ on a Prayer’ – Bon Jovi
- ‘Superstition’ – Stevie Wonder
- Beatles Medley
- ‘Mr. Sandman’ – (Chet Atkins version)
- ‘The House of the Rising Sun’ – The Animals
- ‘Amazing Grace’ – (Traditional)
- ‘Waltzing Matilda’ – (Traditional)
- ‘I’ll See You in My Dreams’ – Merle Travis
- ‘The Man’s Hands’ – Original
- ‘Cannonball Rag’ – Merle Travis
- ‘El Vaquero’ – Chet Atkins
- ‘Lewis and Clark’ – Tommy Emmanuel
- ‘Windy and Warm’ Chet Atkins
- ‘Jerry’s Breakdown’ – Jerry Reed
- ‘The Finger Lakes’ – Tommy Emmanuel
- ‘Czárdás‘ – (Traditional)
- ‘Happy Hour’
- ‘Endless Road’
- ‘Papa George’ – Tommy Emmanuel
- ‘Don’t Think Twice’
- ‘Live at Five’
- ‘Blue Smoke’
- ‘Baby’s Coming Home’ – Chet Atkins
- ‘The Fingerwalk’
- ‘Jiffy Jam’ – Jerry Reed
- ‘Morning Aire’ – Tommy Emmanuel
- ‘Guitar Boogie’ – Arthur Smith
- ‘La Pistola’
- ‘The Pilgrim’
- ‘The Weston Shuffle’
- ’16 Years Young’
- ‘Locomotivation’ – Tommy Emmanuel
- ‘Spanish Dreams’
- ‘Stay Close to Me’
- ‘All of Me’
- ‘The Claw’ – Jerry Reed
- ‘Tears for Jerusalem’ – Tommy Emmanuel
- ‘My Gypsy Heart’
- ‘Happy Again’
- Chet Atkins Medley
- ‘The Mystery’
Featuring tracks from the following artists:
- Ed Sheeran
- Eric Clapton
- David Gray
- Tracy Chapman
- Jerry Reed
“Everything you want from a solo guitarist…..he’s got it all”
“Totally awesome performance from Darren last night, well deserving of the standing ovation! Love the challenges you are setting yourself – not everyone would tackle a Rodrigo y Gabriela tune on one guitar!!!! Sounded amazing”
“…This young man’s talent on the guitar is nothing short of astounding. His versions of Julian Lennon’s Saltwater and implausibly Chaka Kahn’s Ain’t Nobody had me smiling and shaking my head in disbelief. A standing ovation and Darren left the stage standing tall”
“Darren’s set, an astounding exploration into the very limits of the acoustic guitar and collapsing the distinctions between original compositions and covers, ranged from versions of Michael Jackson to Chet Atkins with Darren also taking the time to showcase his vocal abilities”
“Here at Acoustic Magazine we don’t go in for hype but Darren really is something very special.
At the age of 18, after six years of playing the guitar, he has reached a level of skill and dexterity not seen in musicians with five times his experience, and although he is continually perfecting his talent, what you hear from from such a young player early on in his career will leave you astounded.
Darren has been busy over the last couple of years and has already graced the stage with some of the best guitarists in the world including Tommy Emmanuel, Clive Carroll and Lulo Reinhardt to name but a few.